Christ Church Vidya Pith kodukulanji
Christ Church Vidyapith has been working for the last ten years and for the last four years, the school is run in the new campus ie, in the BJSM complex. Last year the school reopened on the first of June 2009. The school time is from 9 a.m. to 3.45 p.m.
The day started with a staff prayer in the principals room followed by daily assemblies conducted by the students under the supervision of teachers.
A regular and systematic adherence to curricular and co-curricular activities has helped the school towards an exemplary position in various inter school competitions awarded by various schools.
At this juncture it is worth mentioning the achievements of one of our students Master Philip T. Paul of class V who stood first in the state among the students of 42 other schools participated in the all Kerala Edulight Scholarship Exam.
Also 9 other students from various other classes bagged positions upto 10th rank and received medals, certificates and cash prizes. I take this opportunity to congragulate both students and teachers for this acheivement through hardwork.
Last year Advocate Sunil Varghese Koshy has taken a very informative and usefull orientation class for the teachers of the school.
An interschool elocution competition “Shining Star” in memory of our beloved teacher the late Shiny Mol. S was conducthed under the auspicious of JCI Venmoney and the students also given training in elocution competitions.
As part of our educational program last years study tour was conducted to Ernakulam and Edappally. The Dutch palace, tomb of Vascode Gamma and the Kerala historical museum at Edapally were some of the places our students have visited.
The staff tour was conducted to Papanasam Beach at Varkala and Ayiram Thengu.
This year for the first time our children was grouped 4 houses namely Winter, Spring, Autumn and Summer under the supervision of House Mistresses. All competions were conducted on house basis this has tremendously improved their competitive spirit. Last year the principal’s trophy was awarded to the best house of the year, the Autumn.
Cultural and sports competitions were conducted in the school football stadium as part of the school’s annual events.
Notable events like Onam, Christmas, Independance Day and Republic Day were all observed with respect and traditional gaiky.
Staff meeting and parent techer meeting were more than frequent where many important issues were discussed.
Due to some reason or other some of our teachers have left the staff faculty, but promptly five new highly qualified and efficient teachers were appointed to the teaching faculty.
They are :-
- Mrs.Keerthi Krishnan (M.A., M.Ed)
- Mrs. Saumya Sreedharan (M.Com., B.Ed)
- Mrs. Jeena Yohanan (M.A, B.Ed)
- Mrs. Sajeena. P.G. (B.Sc, B.Ed)
- Mrs. Nisha Merin Alexander (B.Sc)
During the last three years we have done a lot of development work in the school some of them are as follows.
- We have constructed a football ground for the children to practice sports and games.
- A file containing application forms supported by all relavent documents were submitted to the C.B.S.E and their inspection of the school is over, awiting affiliation.
- We have constructed a well and fixed a pump to send the water to the overhead tank which has solved our drinking water problem.
- A new General Science lab, Computer lab and a Maths lab are set up as prescribed by the C.B.S.E.
- We have taken a seperate independent electricity connection for the school.
- A new school bus is joining our transport system which will enable students from far and wide to come to school on time.
- To park the school buses we are remodeling our old bus bay to a more safe and comfortable one.
This report will be incomplete if I dont mention the services Rev.Dr. P.K. Kuruvilla, Manager of the school, who is always willing to take up any issue concerned with the school. I cannot forget his sincere and self less service rendered to the school.
Rev.Chandy Jose who has been a keen observer in the development of our school, has extended his helping hand when ever needed.
Last, but not the least I thank all those who work for the betterment of the school.
On concluding my report, we place our hope and belief in our creator to continue with relentless endevours, what we do every year.
- Well Qualified Teachers and excellent coaching.
- Midterm and Terminal Exams conducted in addition to class tests.
- Individual attention.
- Well Equipped, Computer Lab, General Science Lab and Library.
- Dance and music classes handled by professionals.
- Students won several awards in the all Kerala Competitive exams, during the current year.
- Prize winners in various curricular and co-curricular activities conducted by other schools.
- Five and a half acres of quiet and peaceful compound with a syivan background.
- School bus available.
- Established in 1999.